At the end of each day, I post a recap of what happened and what progress I made. I try to be as detailed as possible when tracking the project. Here’s what happened today…
I spent more than two hours working on a post I wanted to publish today, but didn’t. It’s like I have something I want to say so bad but I don’t know how to say it. I’ll try to get my thoughts together and get that post up soon. I also missed Memory Monday, but I found an item yesterday that would have been perfect. Found it too late I guess.
Meanwhile I worked on the garage again today. It’s been a crazy ride…
Number of hours spent: 7
Supplies purchased: None
Amount spent: $0
Number of (13-gallon kitchen) bags trashed: 3
Number of giveaway boxes: 8
Number of (33-gallon) giveaway bags: None
Plus other giveaway items: one lamp shade, 2 small fake Christmas trees, a small suitcase
It’s been more or less the same update for the past few days: working on the garage, making slow progress, heat, yadda, yadda, yadda. Can I just let the before-and-after picture speak for itself?
End of yesterday and end of today:
The ultimate “after” photo for the left side of the garage:
The weather was much much cooler than it has been the past week, so I was able to work throughout the day with no problem.
Overall Garage Progress
- Phase 1: Pathway to the door to the backyard – COMPLETED
- Phase 2: Left side of the garage – COMPLETED
- Phase 3: Right side of the garage – Next to be conquered!
Now let’s take a look at the results of the last 8 workdays on the garage.
Day 10 (first day on the garage) and Day 17 (today):
I’ve come a long way, but I’ve still got a long way to go.
Tomorrow, the temperature is expected to rise again to the high 90s (F), which means I’ve got a few options:
- Final touches on the left half of the garage. There are still some boxes against the left wall of the garage that need to be sorted through. The shelves are also filled with stuff we haven’t touched in years, so those items need to boxed, tagged, and put in storage for giveaway. The shelving should be a piece of cake if I have enough boxes.
- Start on Phase 3: the right half of the garage. As I’ve mentioned over and over again the past few days, I really just want to finish the garage. I want to clear up the entire space and get it over with so I don’t have to think about it so much later.
- Pause on the garage. Not gonna lie, working on the garage has really drained my energy and lessened my motivation a bit by how daunting the whole area is. I think working on another smaller area inside the house will keep things fresh and productive. It will also be much cooler inside the house.
I’m leaning towards that last one, but I may decide to do a split day and work on two different areas. We’ll see how it goes.